An explanation for access violations.

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

An explanation for access violations.

Postby sudh123 » Wed 30 Jan 2013, 06:05

Dear Admins,
I am mainframe developer with 10 years experience and I really appreciate the work done by your team on maintaining z/OS and helping people here.
The reason I am writting this post is, I resumed my RACF id today and try to logon. I was using a DBAUSER PROC and it was not restricted at that time.
But it is restricted now and when I try to loggon it generated some access violations.

I was searching for a correct logon proc in the forum and noticed the new rules also the posts from peopel who last the access due to access violations.
so I thought i put note about here so that my id don't get revoked thinking that I am violating the rules. My id PL8685A.

Once again thank you so much guys and it is great thing and no one can provide mainframe access on internet except you guys.
It is precious resource and should be utilized for good.
sudh123

Re: An explanation for access violations.

Postby prino » Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:15

The only valid logon proc for normal users is SYSUSER all others are restricted to the admins.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: An explanation for access violations.

Postby sudh123 » Wed 30 Jan 2013, 15:26

prino wrote:The only valid logon proc for normal users is SYSUSER all others are restricted to the admins.

Thanks prino. I understand that :)
sudh123

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe