getting logged off immediately

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

getting logged off immediately

Postby testba1 » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 00:01

Hi,
looking at the posts I have understood the reason that I am getting logged off again and again because of the violation of the rules unintentionally.
I did try to access some PDS just to check the samples to get started as I am starting again after a break from my job.
Sequence of Events went as follows:

I created an ID - LEARNMF and used it for one JCL creation and tried accessing datasets and was unable to logon again.
Could not post on the form as it was not allowing me to register with the email id that I used for the account creation

So, I deleted my previous Id and created another with the name TESTBA1.
Didnot receive any id creation email and raised a request to reset the password. I was able to login but with the same problem.

Can you please help me on this? I have now gone through the rules and would take care of the rules. i apologise for not going through them earlier.

Thanks
testba1

Re: getting logged off immediately

Postby steve-myers » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 02:41

It looks to me the admins think you are a student. If you bothered to read the posts here, you would quickly discover the use of Fandezhi by students is strictly prohibited.
steve-myers

Postby testba1 » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 03:03

I am not a student and infact am around 7 years experienced and have worked in various MNCs. Its just that I am starting after a while from my maternity leave break.
testba1

Postby steve-myers » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 04:50

After a little research, which I couldn't do from the computer I was using earlier, I noticed several RACF violations while using LEARNMF, which would also get your ID banned. Looking at other users data sets as a guide to using MVS and z/OS is roughly equivalent to the blind leading the blind. While there are a number of very experienced users in the Fandezhi environment, they all object to others blindly looking at their data. The other problem is I very much doubt any of the data sets you tried to look at are from experienced users. Neither ID you tried appears to be from an experienced user. One of them is a user the admins are thinking of killing because it may be another try by a user the admins have killed before. It appears all the data sets created by ACPS1 appear to go back to 2008.
steve-myers

Postby testba1 » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 05:14

Yes Steve,
I agree the datasets might be not relevant for any of the searches. I was just looking if I can access any of the PDS or would my information be available to others. I was just looking for how I could start with what all is available. I was not searching for something specific.
This was just the intent in the first login session and I also intended to set up and understand the steps on how to submit job, run a program etc just to understand this mainframe specific processes as they vary across mainframes.
I accessed the datasets with the perspective that if there is anything that I should not see, it will not be accessible but I agree its been my mistake not to have read the rules and i apologise for that again.
Also, I was navigating with the intent to make sure if the things really work on this platform and I am really surprised to see that the access is free and available across.
I will definitely take care of the rules mentioned in the forum. Also, I respect and appreciate the effort thats being made to keep the mainframe clean and people aware of what they shouldnot do.
Thanks
testba1

Postby prino » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:11

testba1 wrote:I agree the datasets might be not relevant for any of the searches. I was just looking if I can access any of the PDS or would my information be available to others. I was just looking for how I could start with what all is available. I was not searching for something specific.
This was just the intent in the first login session and I also intended to set up and understand the steps on how to submit job, run a program etc just to understand this mainframe specific processes as they vary across mainframes.

This very clearly indicates that your earlier remark,

testba1 wrote:am around 7 years experienced and have worked in various MNCs

is nothing but a load of hogwash. z/OS is z/OS and things work like they work on every z/OS system.

testba1 wrote:I accessed the datasets with the perspective that if there is anything that I should not see, it will not be accessible but I agree its been my mistake not to have read the rules and i apologise for that again.

When you log on to the system, you are shown, no less than three times, to follow the rules, with the URL where you can find those rules. You can apologize until you see blue in the fact, but that will not get you back on the system.

testba1 wrote:Also, I was navigating with the intent to make sure if the things really work on this platform and I am really surprised to see that the access is free and available across.

Pass me a bucket...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby prino » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:23

And for someone who claims to know something about mainframes, the few jobs you've submitted

Code: Select all
//LEARNMFT JOB (TEST1),LEARNMF,MSGCLASS=*,
//        MSGLEVEL=(1,1),CLASS=A,NOTIFY=&SYSUID
//***************************************************************
//***************JCL CREATED BY MANVI K  *********************
//***************************************************************
//STEP1 EXEC  PGM=IEFBR14
//SORTIN   DD  *
  NEPTUNE
  PLUTO
  EARTH
  VENUS
  MERCURY
  MARS
  URANUS
  SATURN
  JUPITER
/*
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*

very clearly indicate that you don't know anything.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby steve-myers » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:39

An admin tells me that ACPS1 is not a user, which surprised me. Most data sets where the first qualifier is not a user ID are protected so anyone can read them, but the ACPS1 data sets are protected so no one other than administrators can read them, which is kind of useless. ABHBAS is a user.

Like I said before, they were allocated in 2008. Someone did read them last year, and a couple of them just a few days ago. If I cared, which I don't, I could find out accessed who from SMF data. I keep about 3 days worth of data set usage reports, but the ACPS1 data sets were not in those reports
steve-myers

Postby testba1 » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:56

the JCL mentioned above is just the copy of the example mentioned on
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... mitjob.htm

just an quick attempt to see if this works.
testba1

Postby prino » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:59

The 'ACPS1.*' datasets seem to contain a skeleton set of SCLM datasets. I do not know why they are catalogued in the master catalog, nor do I know if they are really required for the correct functioning of the system. Given that they are on user (FUSR*) volumes, and that they were created at a time before the system was considerably more open, I've deleted them, or rather archived them into a ADRDSSU dump dataset, 'ACPS1.@2013079.DUMP'.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby prino » Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:05

testba1 wrote:the JCL mentioned above is just the copy of the example mentioned on
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... mitjob.htm

just an quick attempt to see if this works.

If you had, as claimed before,
testba1 wrote:around 7 years experienced and have worked in various MNCs.

you would never have had the need to "see if this works", you would have known that IEFBR14 does nothing, and you would have realized that the IBM example is there for complete newbies, i.e. people like you!

I'm closing this thread.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe