IKJ56420I Userid GMT360 not authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

IKJ56420I Userid GMT360 not authorized to use TSO

Postby mainframer » Fri 17 May 2013, 12:10

Hi Friends,

I am logging to this wonderful system after a long time and getting this message :

'IKJ56420I Userid ZOS13 not authorized to use TSO "

Am I doing something wrong or something changed here , please let me know.
I love this system very much!

Also, I have read same question on forum, do I need to post it there instead of new thread, Please tell me so that I'll take of this next time on-wards.

Thanks!
Garry
mainframer

Re: IKJ56420I Userid GMT360 not authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Fri 17 May 2013, 12:37

Which is it: GMT360 or ZOS13?
steve-myers

Postby steve-myers » Fri 17 May 2013, 13:58

From time to time the admins have adopted the practice of completely deleting userids that have not used Fandezhi for 2 years. Perhaps your "long time" is 2 years?
steve-myers

Postby prino » Fri 17 May 2013, 16:35

steve-myers wrote:From time to time the admins have adopted the practice of completely deleting userids that have not used Fandezhi for 2 years. Perhaps your "long time" is 2 years?

And the admins are actually seriously considering shortening this period to one year, FanDeZhi has limited resources and if anyone has not used the system for more than a year, what use is it to keep their data.

NB, on this forum we have an even stronger policy, everyone who has never posted and has not visited the forum for at least two months is mercilessly zapped.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby nclouston » Fri 17 May 2013, 19:02

NB, on this forum we have an even stronger policy, everyone who has never posted and has not visited the forum for at least two months is mercilessly zapped

Cor blimey! Just as well I log on any time soemthing has changed!
nclouston

Postby prino » Fri 17 May 2013, 19:08

nclouston wrote:
NB, on this forum we have an even stronger policy, everyone who has never posted and has not visited the forum for at least two months is mercilessly zapped

Cor blimey! Just as well I log on any time something has changed!

You've posted, so it wouldn't apply to you, it's only users who register and are never seen again that get deleted.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby mainframer » Sat 18 May 2013, 18:37

steve-myers wrote:Which is it: GMT360 or ZOS13?

It's GMT360

i was not aware with this rule earlier, as i m in agreement that rules have to be honored and followed religiously to the respective platform/forums. I really don't remember after how many months i am logging in, may be 1+ yr.

So, i would like to ask Administrators, can i (or we ) do something to get it reinstated??

Also, once i wrote to the admin to make an arrangement so that in case if someone wants to contribute financially to upgrade this system/or make it running , at that point he didn't reply to me on this particular topic but i am glad to see Donation for Dezhi systems funding.

I used this system, i stared mainframe learning here and I started my career with the help of this system, so I would like to be associated with this to eternity.

Plz let me know the possibilities, can I reinstate GMT360 ? or apply for a new one..

Thanks!
Garry
mainframer

Postby mainframer » Sat 18 May 2013, 18:47

steve-myers wrote:From time to time the admins have adopted the practice of completely deleting userids that have not used Fandezhi for 2 years. Perhaps your "long time" is 2 years?

I can't deny this either, but if i would have known this rule then my login could be frequent till forced deletion.

What options I have in hand? i just don't want to lose this, ON to Dezhi makes me feel GREAT!

Thanks!
Garry :)
mainframer

Postby prino » Sat 18 May 2013, 22:39

mainframer wrote:

I can't deny this either, but if i would have known this rule then my login could be frequent till forced deletion.

What options I have in hand? i just don't want to lose this, ON to Dezhi makes me feel GREAT!

The rule was never formally published. It's now, and it's our intention to bring it down to one year.

If you were indeed deleted due to inactivity, you can just apply for a new userid, or possibly recreate GMT360. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you follow the rules, as we are pretty strict about them!
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby mainframer » Sun 19 May 2013, 11:02

prino wrote:If you were indeed deleted due to inactivity, you can just apply for a new userid, or possibly recreate GMT360. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you follow the rules, as we are pretty strict about them!

Thanks! for the helpful suggestion. After this much of discussion I understand the importance of reading FAQ's and important topics. I totally agree with the revoking/purging the userID's after a certain period agreed by the board, it is run by Big-Brains in IT :)

I will try creating the same ID (GMT360 ) , let's see how it goes, but first and foremost I would like go through the forums must read stuff to avoid such situations :?

thanks again Prino and steve!
mainframer

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe