Userid RPGUHA not authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Postby rpguha » Sat 15 Jun 2013, 14:31

Hi, every time I try to login I get this message:

how do I rectify this?

It was working fine but suddenly it got logged out and since then I've been getting this message... :?
rpguha

Re: Userid RPGUHA not authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Sat 15 Jun 2013, 17:19

Someone using RPGUHA submitted a batch job (or that specified USER=RPGUHA) that attempted to execute a JCL specified operator command. The admins regard this as an attempt to damage the system, even if the command had been allowed to execute. Users that attempt to damage the system are more or less automatically banned.

I grant a D T command is basically harmless; in fact, had the command been entered through SDSF it would have been allowed and it would have executed. I do not know where the output would have been displayed had it executed. Perhaps the MVS JCL Reference manual for z/OS V1R6 will tell you; I don't recall what happened in a previous gig where I had the authority to try this foolishness and actually did it a couple of times.

For your future use - if you have a future in this trade - running an operator command through JCL is not a very smart idea. The command, if allowed, executes when the job is being "converted," which just means the JCL is being syntax checked and translated for later use. In the real world - as opposed to the Fandezhi system - conversion may not be done on the system where the job will subsequently execute, and it may be done hours before the job actually executes.

As for the command you tried to execute, you can easily determine the date and time the job executes by examining the JESMSGLG data set; there was no real value in trying to run a D T command. Many programs display the current system date and time in their output, too.
steve-myers

Postby rpguha » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 04:30

Hi I am sorry I was not aware of that, I just wanted to try and Test the Utility "IKJEFT01". I made sure not to issue any control commands just harmless ones... So if you please understand that I don't possess any intention to harm the system rather just learn to use the few common JCL utility can you kindly re-activate my user id, RPGUHA.
rpguha

Postby nclouston » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 08:19

IKJEFT01 is not a utility - it is batch TSO. This is something a seasoned mainframer would know.
nclouston

Postby rpguha » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 09:42

Well that is what I am not really a seasoned mainframer I'm just new to this domain professionally I'm just a mainframe operator but I think the technology has great potential and want to learn it by exploring it and practicing it. It would be great if you can re-activate my ID.

Thanks
rpguha

Postby steve-myers » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:01

Unfortunately, the admins have the attitude is you were looking for an alternate way to sneak in something harmful. Since the admins are charged with stopping that, ...
steve-myers

Postby rpguha » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:52

Alright thanks anyways, for the help and the knowledge.
rpguha

Postby steve-myers » Sun 16 Jun 2013, 15:59

It appears the admins have reinstated your ID.
steve-myers

Postby rpguha » Mon 17 Jun 2013, 04:43

Thanks a lot for understanding and providing me the access.
rpguha

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe