May i please know why my TSO ID 'Rishi' has been revoked?

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

May i please know why my TSO ID 'Rishi' has been revoked?

Postby rishi520 » Thu 04 Jul 2013, 18:45

I was only submitting the job to use SORT utility and suddenly system code 222 came and I was logged out of system,Can you please let me know why login access to my ID has been revoked???
rishi520

Re: May i please know why my TSO ID 'Rishi' has been revoked

Postby steve-myers » Thu 04 Jul 2013, 19:00

It has been stated in this forum before, and it is clearly stated in the first screen of those annoying messages you receive when you logon: The use of the Fandezhi system for training is prohibited. Period. Full stop. End of story.
steve-myers

Postby rishi520 » Sat 06 Jul 2013, 11:45

i Guess use of this mainframe is restricted for Learning and i was trying to do the same for myself and not training others. So it will be very helpful if you can restore my id and let me learn something
rishi520

Postby prino » Sat 06 Jul 2013, 14:12

FanDeZhi is not to be used for training purposes, it's a system that allows people who already know z/OS to work on things that they would not normally be able to work on (Ze'ev Atlas ported the open source Perl Compatible Regular Expressions to z/OS), others use it to keep their skills reasonably current while they are out of work.

FanDeZhi is run by a tiny group of people, and until the power outage a few weeks ago it had been running continuously for more than a year, we, the admins, simply do not want to have to keep any eye on newbies and people who are put onto the system by unscrupulous corner-of-the-street "training" providers, who actually charge people to use a free resource, without actually bothering to train them. As an example, the last few days we've had a substantial number of users on the system that used their profile dataset to store COBOL source, and one even managed to use (and destroy) his ISPTLIB by using it as an output load library for the linker.

The simple fact is, you get 42 screens with do's and dont's when you log on to the system. If you cannot be bothered to read them, and the rules posted here on the forum, you have no future working with z/OS!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby rishi520 » Mon 08 Jul 2013, 19:54

Thanks Prino, for clarifying the objectives. I guess then i will better come back and ask for the ID when i will be in real need of it.
Till then you can delete or keep my id suspended
RACF ID:RISHI
rishi520

Postby steve-myers » Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:36

ADPTER didn't last very long, did it?

Once you are banned, it is forever.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe