Problems with Password Reset

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Problems with Password Reset

Postby spedraja » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:38

Hello. I'm having problems resetting the password of my userid. This is SPEDRAJ. The password sent by the user password reset option it's not accepted in TSO, being the response 'IKJ56421I password not authorized for userid'.

I did a user resume too, but... this pw don't appears to like Dezhi :-)

Could you help me, please ?

Regards
Sergio
spedraja

Re: Problems with Password Reset

Postby prino » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:50

I cannot, maybe one of the other admins can reset it. What is strange is the fact that you logged on once, on the day you registered (2013-04-16), but that your passdate is still 00.000, which indicates that you never changed your password.

Anyway, you'll have to wait until one of the other admins changes it. In the meantime I suggest you take the time to read about the "Rules for using z/OS - work in progress, return frequently!", and follow them when you're back onto the system.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:21

You will have to try again. The admins cannot or do not do password resets. There are too many issues with identity, which the web site attempts to resolve.

The initial password you were assigned when you obtained your userid can be used just once, when you must assign a password of your choosing that will be valid for 180 days, when you must provide a new password. When you do a password reset through the web site you get a new single use password.

IBM mainframe systems have worked this way for many years; the only variation is the 180 day value can be set by the site. I do not know why Fandezhi uses 180 days, but it does. Most sites I've encountered use 30 to 90 days.
steve-myers

Postby steve-myers » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:25

prino wrote:... your passdate is still 00.000, which indicates that you never changed your password. ...
The passdate indicates the password is a single use password, either for a new user, or because the password has been changed through the web site.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 19:09

steve-myers wrote:
prino wrote:... your passdate is still 00.000, which indicates that you never changed your password. ...
The passdate indicates the password is a single use password, either for a new user, or because the password has been changed through the web site.

Never too old to learn anything new :mrgreen:
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby spedraja » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 20:47

I've tried too the first password provided to me some time ago, BEFORE send a reset claim. Bad luck too.

I'll give it a new try but I'm not specially optimistic with this matter.

Thanks for the support.

Regards
Sergio
spedraja

Postby prino » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 21:09

If everything fails, then you could use the Delete Your TSO Userid option and re-apply for it all over again...
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby spedraja » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 21:23

Um... surprisingly I point again in the link of reset confirmation inside the message that I've received this evening and a NEW and in this case EFFECTIVE password was generated. Now I'm inside the system finally.

I'll put an eye in COBOL and PL/I procedures, but I would be interested in Fortran, C, RExx and ISPF. Something available (procedures, libraries, and so...) ?

Regards
Sergio
spedraja

Postby steve-myers » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 23:56

It appears SPEDRAJ successfully got a new password and is using the system as I'm writing this.

I went through the SMF data and discovered that SPEDRAJ had one session of about 11 minutes on April 16. No other data through June 30, 16:59:16. This matches the conclusion Mr. Prins reach from analyzing the SPEDRAJ user entry. Using live SMF data. I can see SPEDRAJ had 2 completed TSO sessions starting at 16:15, for a total of 2 hours, 11 minutes plus the current session, which the program can't extract.

Rexx, ISPF, Cobol, C, and PL/I are readily available. I do not think Fortran is available. The cataloged procedures are in SYSFAN.PROCLIB.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:53

steve-myers wrote:Rexx, ISPF, Cobol, C, and PL/I are readily available. I do not think Fortran is available. The cataloged procedures are in SYSFAN.PROCLIB.

Neither Fortran, nor Pascal are available. The REXX compiler is available, but I'm not sure where to find compile JCL, should you want to compile your REXX.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby spedraja » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 23:14

Thank you for the interest and support. Your information about available programming languages in the system is very valuable. These will take my attention most of the time.

In addition, I should like to do some programming works using DB2 but I shall ask you about it in a future. I assume that you have rules to work with it.

CICS programming would be interesting but not the first item in the list, even more if teleprocessing is stopped now.

About other matters, I'm curious... I worked with Netview many years ago (it was name NCCF and later changed its name to the current). Do you have an entry in the initial screen which appears to permit the use of Netview. Is this so ?

About RACF, it's my regular field of work, and I think that you are correct in your restrictions applied about its use.

Regards
Sergio
spedraja

Postby prino » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 06:23

CICS is broken (for the umpteenth time) and our "resident" CICS systems programmer seems to have vanished. DB2 is up, but something is not right (also for the umpteenth time) and sysprog who should take care of it hasn't been on the forum since last October, so no clue if/when it will be restored.

As for Netview, normally a PM to sysprog will give you access, I suggest you try that, and in passing you might just mention that CICS and DB2 are not working...
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby spedraja » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 07:47

Thanks. I'll give it a try, I think.

About CICS and DB2 perhaps I could aks for help to some colleagues in work with knowledge of both systems.

Regars.
Sergio
spedraja

Postby prino » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 08:19

spedraja wrote:Thanks. I'll give it a try, I think.

About CICS and DB2 perhaps I could aks for help to some colleagues in work with knowledge of both systems.

I'll start CICS (STC is CICSA) feel free to pass the messages

Code: Select all
+DFHAP1203I CICS Language Environment is being initialized.                                 
+DFHAP1200 CICS A CICS request to the Language Environment has failed. Reason code '0011020'.
+DFHAP1208 CICS Language Environment cannot support the Cobol language.
+DFHAP1209 CICS Language Environment cannot support the C/C++ languages.
+DFHAP1210 CICS Language Environment cannot support the PL/I language.
+DFHAP1211I CICS Language Environment initialization completed.

to your colleagues - you can look at CICSA in SDSF yourself . As for DB2, use Spufi and you'll see the error message.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby spedraja » Thu 18 Jul 2013, 23:16

Thanks. I'll review the log more in depth to get all the info possible.

Regards
Sergio
spedraja

Next

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe