User id not authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

User id not authorized to use TSO

Postby Irxjcl » Thu 19 Sep 2013, 17:06

Hi,

Today i tried to login to z/os using my id -> super00 and got an error as "User id not authorized to use TSO"

Anyone can you help me out of this.?
Irxjcl

Re: User id not authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Thu 19 Sep 2013, 19:47

The user appears to be using the system for training. This use of the system is strictly prohibited. It is unlikely an administrator will reinstate the user id.
steve-myers

Postby Irxjcl » Fri 20 Sep 2013, 03:01

Hello admin,

Can i get my id back ? I am not newbie to mainframe and just now read usage policy so i say would not do this.
Irxjcl

Postby prino » Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:22

Your email address is @hmamail.com, a provider of anonymous email (H(ide) M(y) A(ss)) and you try to log on from a location that is known to be used by newbies, your userid will not be reinstated and attempts to apply for another one will be dealt with in the same way!

If you want to learn how to use z/OS, go to a reputable training provider, not one of the "here today, gone tomorrow" types that use our system charging you, but not paying us!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby Irxjcl » Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:00

I don't need to confirm am an expert in z/Os to you. I know what is my skills... Also don't treat people using their country it's totally unacceptable :evil: If you do this again no one going to use it and it's become useless.
Irxjcl

Postby prino » Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:20

Irxjcl wrote:Also don't treat people using their country it's totally unacceptable :evil: If you do like this no one going to use it and become worthless.

Given that most of the people on the system coming from your part of the world are complete and utterly clueless newbies, I do stand by this statement.

As for nobody going to use the system? We have a bunch of regulars, who know how to work with z/OS and use it for exactly the purpose it was set up for. The system is run completely by volunteers, and the less we have to keep an eye on clueless newbies, the better.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Fri 20 Sep 2013, 17:07

Irxjcl wrote:I don't need to confirm am an expert in z/Os to you. I know what is my skills... Also don't treat people using their country it's totally unacceptable :evil: If you do this again no one going to use it and it's become useless.

1. I don't need to confirm am an expert in z/Os to you.
    True. However, "experts" do not write the stuff you were observed writing - unless it is to provide examples for trainees. Since the use of Fandezhi for training purposes is prohibited, by extension you were preparing for a prohibited purpose.

I contribute to other MVS forums, and from time to time I write trainee type material to validate ideas, but the admins know most of what I do on Fandezhi is pretty high level stuff so they don't bother me when they see me writing trainee type stuff.
  2. Also don't treat people using their country it's totally unacceptable
    What country? The admins do not care what what the national origin of users using Fandezhi is. I do not think there are any users from Antarctica, but we have users from all other continents.
  3. ... it's become useless.
    To whom? By intent, Fandezhi is useless to trainees. Since the capacity of the system is very limited, if it was truly open to trainees it would rapidly become useless to its intended users.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe