Userid KHARCOF not authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Userid KHARCOF not authorized to use TSO

Postby Kharcof » Thu 03 Oct 2013, 19:57

Hi, I'm testing a .net library (http://www.ericom.com/terminal_emulator.asp?sb) and my account was blocked. There's no commercial intent as we are trying to evaluate if their library works. Please unblock as I'm not teaching anything (my CICS/IMS/Cobol years are a memory right now). Thanks.
Kharcof

Re: Userid KHARCOF not authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Thu 03 Oct 2013, 20:20

The userid was blocked because of numerous logons with no apparent intent to do anything once logged on.
There's no commercial intent as we are trying to evaluate if their library works.
If you are attempting to evaluate a commercial product, then you are most likely associated in some way with the product, which means you are attempting to use Fandezhi for commercial purposes, which is prohibited; or you are evaluating the product on behalf of a commercial entity, which is just another way of saying you are attempting to use Fandezhi for commercial purposes.

It is unlikely a proper Fandezhi user would evaluate a commercial product.
steve-myers

Re: Userid KHARCOF not authorized to use TSO

Postby Kharcof » Thu 03 Oct 2013, 20:47

Yes, that's exactly what we were doing just login, navigating two menus and logout. Is not commercial (yet), since we are evaluating their product, once we decide on what vendor then yes, it will be commercial but at point we will most likely connect to the customer Mainframe, not Dezhi. In another email, I mention that we are willing to donate, I think you should think about it, as like you said, we are doing nothing, only login and logout.
Kharcof

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe