Mainframe, finally after a long searching!

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Mainframe, finally after a long searching!

Postby ronniecc » Fri 01 Nov 2013, 08:01

Hello,

My name is Ronnie from Indonesia. This site reminds me of where I was 28 years ago, in a Company as a mainframe cobol and pl/1 programmer. It was one of those good old days, that I remembered. Now, as a retired IT Manager in a non-mainframe computing environment, I got tons of time. Maybe, this is the time to take benefit from this site.

Thank you Dezhi Systems, all the rules will be noted, and I surely will contribute when the time comes.

Regards,
Ronnie
ronniecc

Re: Mainframe, finally after a long searching!

Postby steve-myers » Fri 01 Nov 2013, 09:02

Welcome and good luck. You will find z/OS is much like the MVS of 30 years ago. Please be sure to read Rules for using z/OS - work in progress, return frequently! and Stay active or accept that you will be deleted.

We see more and more users getting cut off and unable to logon quickly. I think quite a few of these incidents are related to Windows "sleep" getting engaged. If you are using a laptop, set it so it won't "sleep" when it's operating on power as opposed to battery. Do the same if you are using a desktop. I have had sessions survive many days in this arrangement.
steve-myers

Re: Mainframe, finally after a long searching!

Postby prino » Fri 01 Nov 2013, 14:57

steve-myers wrote:We see more and more users getting cut off and unable to logon quickly. I think quite a few of these incidents are related to Windows "sleep" getting engaged. If you are using a laptop, set it so it won't "sleep" when it's operating on power as opposed to battery. Do the same if you are using a desktop. I have had sessions survive many days in this arrangement.

Another reason might be that your ISP changes your IP address. For me that usually happens every 24 hours, and usually at times when you least want it. :evil:

If it happens, you can always disconnect via the support website.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe