Logged off from the Session

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Logged off from the Session

Postby chunawalla » Mon 25 Nov 2013, 02:56

Hi Prino and folks,

I am a big fan of Dezhi and I've got myself registered a new TSO RACF ID, XBBKP6V. I've changed my initial password now. The moment I try to login, I get logged off, with the following message :

Code: Select all
 ICH70001I XBBKP6V  LAST ACCESS AT 12:43:02 ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2013
 XBBKP6V LOGON IN PROGRESS AT 12:47:03 ON NOVEMBER 24, 2013         
 NO BROADCAST MESSAGES                                             
 XBBKP6V LOGGED OFF TSO AT 12:47:03 ON NOVEMBER 24, 2013           

Have I made any violations, or is this a planned maintenance. Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks in advance.
Quasar.
chunawalla

Re: Logged off from the Session

Postby sbrent » Mon 25 Nov 2013, 05:11

Fandezhi is working fine as of this evening. If you got as far as LOGON IN PROGRESS and then got kicked out I think that means you have been marked as a banned user.
Probably you broke one of Fandezhi's usage rules. If you have, I'm sure prino or one of the others will know the reason and you will get dinged for it.
sbrent

Postby steve-myers » Mon 25 Nov 2013, 05:34

XBBKP6V was banned several months ago because it appears the ID was being used by a trainee. The admins have a policy that once an ID is banned, it is banned forever; as has been stated repeatedly in this forum, the use of Fandezhi by trainees is prohibited.

sbrent is not banned; as I write this it appears to be logged on as of about 20 minutes ago.
steve-myers

Postby sbrent » Mon 25 Nov 2013, 05:46

steve-myers wrote:sbrent is not banned; as I write this it appears to be logged on as of about 20 minutes ago.

It is indeed - I look in occasionally to see if DB2 has become available again, and keep up my experience of Z/OS system configuration, as I'm no longer in a job where I have any access to a mainframe. Although Fandezhi seems to be an older ADCD system, it's close enough to the real thing to keep my knowledge up to date.
sbrent

Postby prino » Mon 25 Nov 2013, 21:23

sbrent wrote:
steve-myers wrote:sbrent is not banned; as I write this it appears to be logged on as of about 20 minutes ago.

It is indeed - I look in occasionally to see if DB2 has become available again, and keep up my experience of Z/OS system configuration, as I'm no longer in a job where I have any access to a mainframe. Although Fandezhi seems to be an older ADCD system, it's close enough to the real thing to keep my knowledge up to date.

And that makes you exactly the type of user the admins want on the system. I myself am in a similar position, out of work, but using it to keep my knowledge up-to-date, so that I can hit the ground running if/when I ever get work again. :mrgreen:
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby chunawalla » Thu 28 Nov 2013, 04:53

Hi Prino and folks,

Can I apply for a new TSO-ID instead? I am very fond of Dezhi and I support it open-heartly. I definitely want TSO-access here, so I can try out Rexx scripts, a few cobol programs etc. I understand the rules here.

Thanks,
Quasar C.
chunawalla

Postby prino » Thu 28 Nov 2013, 07:06

steve-myers wrote:XBBKP6V was banned several months ago because it appears the ID was being used by a trainee. The admins have a policy that once an ID is banned, it is banned forever; as has been stated repeatedly in this forum, the use of Fandezhi by trainees is prohibited.

sbrent is not banned; as I write this it appears to be logged on as of about 20 minutes ago.

"chunawalla" is not a newbie, he's active (99 posts) on IBM MAINFRAME FORUM - A Help & Support Forum for Mainframe Beginners and Students and is webmaster @ http://www.mainframes360.com/
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby chunawalla » Sat 30 Nov 2013, 20:20

Prino and folks,

I have deleted my TSO user-id XBBKP6V. I have created a new TSO ID QUASARC. I shall ensure, that I do not cause any violations. Thanks a tonne Dezhi!

Quasar.
chunawalla

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe