No posible logon

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

No posible logon

Postby LOCO0416 » Sat 28 Dec 2013, 08:44

Today when i've tried to logon to TSO (user: VESPER) the emulator automatic closed.
I've tried several times.
Now, when i try to logon it display the message: Userid VESPER not authorized to use TSO.
I dont understand why?
Please, can you explain to me the reason?
Can you revoke my user

Best regards :?:
LOCO0416

Re: No posible logon

Postby steve-myers » Sat 28 Dec 2013, 13:33

See IKJ56420I Userid DACT642 not authorized to use TSO.

More accurately, you attempted to update the master catalog.There are at least two reasons why the admins will not allow this.
  • You attempted to damage the system.
  • You were following some sort of mindless training script.
It is the policy of the admins to shut down users that are guilty of the first bullet. The admins are under no illusion that all of the security holes have been closed; two years ago idiot users were deleting their own catalog aliases from the master catalog until the security profile that allowed this was closed. Now the assumption is you are another idiot, or you are trying to damage the system; the admins have no way to determine this, so they assume you attempted to damage the system.

The mindless training script issue, well, since the use of the system for any sort of training is prohibited, that is reason enough to kill the user.
steve-myers

Postby LOCO0416 » Sat 28 Dec 2013, 20:58

Hi, thanks a lot for the answer, can you tell me if I can not training in the Mainframe? which is the porpouse of these Mainframe instalation?
Best regards.
LOCO0416

Postby steve-myers » Sun 29 Dec 2013, 04:11

LOCO0416 wrote:... which is the porpouse of these Mainframe instalation?
The purpose of the Fandezhi system is for experienced mainframe professionals that have retired or are between jobs to maintain skills. Training is prohibited because
  • The capacity of the system is extremely limited and it does not scale up for increased work load.
  • Training assignments frequently cause security issues or cause other system problems.
  • Trainees do not appear able to detect and repair their utilization problems.
steve-myers

Postby LOCO0416 » Sun 29 Dec 2013, 07:20

Ok, I agree with your explenation.

Thanks a lot.
LOCO0416

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe