User Id not authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

User Id not authorized to use TSO

Postby Naren » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:53

Hi,

I have reset TSO user id, and I was trying to logon to Dezhi system, but I am unable to logon to the system. I am getting the following message "IKJ56420I Userid PNKMYS1 not authorized to use TSO. Could anybody help me on this?

Userid: PNKMYS1

Thanks,
Narendra
Naren

Re: User Id not authorized to use TSO

Postby prino » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:27

Naren wrote:I have reset TSO user id, and I was trying to logon to Dezhi system, but I am unable to logon to the system. I am getting the following message "IKJ56420I Userid PNKMYS1 not authorized to use TSO. Could anybody help me on this?

Userid: PNKMYS1

It's quite likely that your userid was deleted due to inactivity, if you don't log on at least once in a while (90 days?) the admins will assume that you're no longer using the system, and delete your userid and datasets.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: You have already applied the TSO userid using this email

Postby Naren » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:55

Hi,

Thanks. Is there any way I can create new userid using the same email id. I tried to create new user id, but I am getting the following message "You have already applied the TSO userid using this email address". Could anybody help me on this?

Thanks,
Narendra
Naren

Re: You have already applied the TSO userid using this email

Postby prino » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 14:34

Naren wrote:Thanks. Is there any way I can create new userid using the same email id. I tried to create new user id, but I am getting the following message "You have already applied the TSO userid using this email address". Could anybody help me on this?

Try deleting the old one (although it's already gone) via the website and then creating a new one.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: User Id not authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Thu 13 Feb 2014, 19:23

At present, there are two time outs.

• New users

A new user that has not logged on within one month is deleted. This is usually run around the first of each month. For example, on February 1, new users before January 1 that have not logged on will be deleted.

A user that has attempted to reset their password through the web site and has not logged on is considered to be a new user.
  • All other users

One year of inactivity. I believe the admins are thinking about changing this to 90 or 180 days, but so far nothing has been done.
Banned users are subject to immediate deletion. Their data sets are often deleted immediately, though this is erratic.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe