MSG "Password not authorized for userid"

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

MSG "Password not authorized for userid"

Postby usrdune » Wed 19 Feb 2014, 21:41

Hello admins (et al),

After some effort I was able to get the userid ARKDUNE registered onto the mainframe. The registration process game me a password to use in my initial sign on.

When I attempted to use this I get the following messages:

IKJ564421I PASSWORD NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USERID
IKJ56429A REENTER -

I was wondering if someone can clarify what this means.

Many thanks in advance.

friarDuncan
usrdune

***My BAD*** (was: Re: MSG "Password not authorized for user

Postby usrdune » Thu 20 Feb 2014, 00:05

MY BAD...

I was transposing the letter "O" and zero '0' in my passwords...

Please disregard my message above.

friarDuncan
usrdune

Re: ***My BAD*** (was: Re: MSG "Password not authorized for

Postby steve-myers » Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:07

usrdune wrote:I was transposing the letter "O" and zero '0' in my passwords...
A while ago I wrote a little C program to generate random passwords. At some point, I removed O and 0 (and a couple of other characters, if I remember correctly) to avoid this confusion.

FWIW, I did a copy / paste of the Fandezhi generated password into the TSO/E LOGON panel, but I don't think WC3270 allows a paste. I remember trying to do it, but I might have done it wrong.

When I started using Fandezhi 4 years ago I used the 3270 emulator I inherited from work. 13 years ago I didn't think much of it compared to IBM's PCOM, or whatever they're calling it now, but it grew on me; it was very stable and used very little memory. When I replaced the desktop system I used to use last year I broke down and paid for a legal copy of the emulator.

Prino uses something called Vista TN3270; I use the slightly more expensive QWS3270.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe