Activate own job via SDSF failed.

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Activate own job via SDSF failed.

Postby nclouston » Mon 24 Nov 2014, 12:14

Asuuming the 'A' command stands for 'activate' (i.e. release) in SDSF (and the console): I accidentally subbed a job in with TYPRUN=HOLD and tried to release/activate it but got 'USER NOT AUTHORISED' yet I can cancel and purge the same job. This seems to be an anomoly. Is this intentional or a by-product of security restrictions implemented to stop people looking at other people's jobs? Or, is it just my ID - n13964?
nclouston

Re: Activate own job via SDSF failed.

Postby steve-myers » Mon 24 Nov 2014, 17:01

No, it's not you. No one can do it.
steve-myers

Postby nclouston » Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:50

Thanks Steve.

It seems a bit strange that I can broswe, cancel and purge my own jobs. Is this a technical thing, ie if we have "Activate" authority it gives us authority to do something naughty elsewhere or is it "just life in the world of FanDeZhi"?
nclouston

Postby steve-myers » Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:34

Nic - I don't know. I certainly have not thought about the issues in changing it, and since there is limited usefulness in allowing people to hold a job in our environment, I just don't see much utility in allowing people to release a job. I'm also concerned about side effects. Does release give you the ability to do something else that is undesirable? Another concern is job authority. Releasing your jobs is OK. Another person's job, well that may not be so good.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Tue 25 Nov 2014, 14:58

Can't help much either, but I do know that this used to be restricted in a former place of work as the release command can (apparently?) do more than just releasing jobs.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby nclouston » Tue 25 Nov 2014, 16:44

Looks like I will just have to love it!
nclouston

Postby steve-myers » Thu 27 Nov 2014, 01:57

What bothers me is the resource is OPERCMDS/JES2.MODIFYRELEASE.BAT. I can't find this resource as documented for either V1R6 or V1R13. Digging up these resource names is always chancy, anyway, though in 7 years one would think the documentation would catch up
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe