I can't log into TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

I can't log into TSO

Postby duckie » Tue 13 Jan 2015, 10:10

Hello,
I'm trying to log into TSO with the user provided but every time, when I've just logged, system disconect to me and send to the main Z/os window and need to start again, but always happen the same.
I've been followed program guide and I think I've done all correct, but there is something wrong because I can't log correctly.
My TSO user is TSOSSMS and my name Sandra Sanz.
I'm using VistaTN3270 to connect.
Please, tell me if you need any more information and I'll send you as soon as posible because I need to practise cobol in order to pass and enterview exam and start to work, again, in cobol.
Thanks for all.
Regardas.
duckie

Re: I can't log into TSO

Postby steve-myers » Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:35

Look at the automatic logoff thread.

I want to caution you before you proceed further.

The FanDeZhi system is not to be used for any sort of training.

The admins delete, without warning, all users using the system for this purpose.
steve-myers

Postby duckie » Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:49

Thanks for the information, but I read that this platform isn't for profesional uses and neither for training ones, so, for what kind uses I could do it?
I need to pass the exam to work and this is the onli platform I've found due to emulator aren't a real TSO.
Could someone help me in order to access in this TSO?
Thanks.
duckie

Postby steve-myers » Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:00

duckie wrote:... I need to pass the exam to work and this is the onli platform I've found due to emulator aren't a real TSO. ...

The intended user is a professional that does not have access to a "real" system for one reason or another. For example, I'm retired and disabled, but I truly enjoyed using IBM mainframe systems before I was disabled by a stroke that left me paralyzed and unable to work. Fandezhi allows me to use the skills I developed in a career that lasted 40 years.

As for passing your exam, this is a matter to discuss with your training establishment that does not provide a proper lab for its victims. The Fandezhi owners and admins feel for you, but cannot help you. The total capacity of the system is very limited. Allowing students on the system would stress the capacity of the system beyond its limits.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:41

duckie wrote:Thanks for the information, but I read that this platform isn't for profesional uses and neither for training ones, so, for what kind uses I could do it?

Other examples of use? Ze'ev Atlas has used the system to convert the Open Source PCRE package for use with COBOL, an unnamed user is working on InfoZIP's ZIP compatible package. I myself am using the system to keep my PL/I & REXX skills up-to-date(ish) after having lost my job a few years ago, and not having been able to find anything else.

And for what it's worth, if you had read the FAQ, you would have seen that we do not allow users on the system with a userid that starts with 'TSO', or 'IBM', or 'RACF', and probably a few more.

What I can suggest is that you download Hercules and an old version of MVS that was never copyrighted. I think it comes with an old COBOL compiler, but should suffice for your needs. A ready to run system is Jürgen Winkelmann's The MVS 3.8j Tur(n)key 4- System.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe