UserID Not Authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

UserID Not Authorized to use TSO

Postby RXC137 » Fri 03 Apr 2015, 16:44

Hello,
I still don't understand why I got kicked out of TSO again!?!?

I didn't do anything wrong to the eception that I ran out of power at home, and did not bother signing back when power came back. Would by leaving your TSO session unactive be a reason to get banned from TSO? If not, then, can somebody tell me? I'm in midle of coding a cobol program and I don't want to constantly start over again.

If this mainframe is very restricted to certain option like SDSF, then, please let me know and I won't bother trying to create another TSO userid. :(

Thanks
Richard Couture
A mainframe system programmer trying to get back into my COBOL years! :D
RXC137

Re: UserID Not Authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Fri 03 Apr 2015, 16:56

Evidently the admins believe you are using the system for training.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Fri 03 Apr 2015, 17:23

steve-myers wrote:Evidently the admins believe you are using the system for training.

And that may well be because you call a program EXER24...

If you're a systems programmer, show us something systems programmerish!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Fri 03 Apr 2015, 17:59

I started using Fandezhi 5 years ago (April 8, 2010) after a 2 year layoff. Granted I was a bit rusty, but I certainly was not foolish enough to name something EXERxx! This was about the time the admins decided to kick trainees off the system, too.
steve-myers

Postby RXC137 » Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:38

OK... This EXERCxx really means nothing! Wow! I just took a sample program from my old COBOL book that I used when I was in college. The program started with EXERC.... I never thought that this would have caused an issue, especially when you advertize this free mainframe TSO access as a system to practice and share mainframe knowledge....

My 15 years of mainframe experienced are mostly in software infrastructure support (SMP/E, JCL,REXX, CLIST, Assembler for certain software Exit, CA software, IBM software, BMC Software etc...performing installs, customization, and user support) . My goal here is strictly personnal! All I want to do here is to used a similar system (ISPF) as oppose to Tunrkey (Hercules) a mainframe emulator, to get me back into programming....

That said, can I still use the system for this or am I going to get kicked out on a regular basis?

Thanks
Richard
RXC137

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe