Help: Can't CANCEL=DISCONNECT with expired password ?

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Help: Can't CANCEL=DISCONNECT with expired password ?

Postby csdkw0 » Wed 10 Jun 2015, 07:32

While attempting first logon with new userid TSDKW (formerly ISDKW), I flubbed the change of the initial temporary password.
Then while the password was unknown, I was disconnected.
Used the RESET password to establish a new initial temporary password.
But, CANCEL/DISCONNECT userid fails with "expired password".

Regards,
csdkw0

Re: Help: Can't CANCEL=DISCONNECT with expired password ?

Postby prino » Wed 10 Jun 2015, 09:32

You've automatically been cancelled (not sure how long this takes), so you should be able to try again.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: Help: Can't CANCEL=DISCONNECT with expired password ?

Postby steve-myers » Thu 11 Jun 2015, 02:41

For some reason - I don't know why, and I've been trying to determine this for several years - it often seems to require one or two minutes for a session to completely leave the system. Other times - far more often - the session is gone in a couple of seconds.

I blew a password change several years ago. We require it every 180 days, and we don't give a warning; it just leaps up and demands it. I did get a new expired password through the web site change password feature, but it was annoying. Now I track it. It's not difficult. Enter the TSO command LU your-userid. The LU command prints several lines of RACF gibberish. Look at the second line.

DEFAULT-GROUP=USERG02 PASSDATE=15.071 PASS-INTERVAL=180

PASSDATE is the date of the last password change. PASS-INTERVAL is the number of days a password is valid.15.071+180 = 15.251 is the date your password expires. Converting 15.251 to a regular date is a pain in the you know where. If I did it right, it's September 8, so that password will have to be changed September 8.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe