Userid Not Authorized to use TSO

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Userid Not Authorized to use TSO

Postby STEVEWELLMANN » Fri 03 Jul 2015, 17:38

It's been quite some time since I've been on the system, and when I logged on I got this message. I assumed the account was disabled t due to inactivity so I wne through the process to ea-activate my account and reset the password and all appeared to be fine. Yet I still get the same message and I'm confused as to why. Have I been banned for some reason or is it perhaps just a timing thing.

Any help is most appreciated
STEVEWELLMANN

Re: Userid Not Authorized to use TSO

Postby steve-myers » Fri 03 Jul 2015, 19:32

What is the id you tried to use? There is no userid with programmer name wellmann.

The admins have been keeping a list of userids deleted for inactivity. I found a WELLMAS deleted October 1 last year, with a last use date of August 27, 2013, which is in keeping with their current policy of 1 year being the cutoff.
steve-myers

Postby STEVEWELLMANN » Fri 03 Jul 2015, 19:39

Sorry forgot that little tidbit WELLMAS is the TSO ID
STEVEWELLMANN

Postby STEVEWELLMANN » Fri 03 Jul 2015, 20:20

I assumed it was something like that which is why I tried to reactivate it. That process appeared to work. Is the correct process to ask for a new ID now?
STEVEWELLMANN

Postby prino » Fri 03 Jul 2015, 21:53

You should ideally ask the website to delete your userid, as the current delete-for-inactivity process doesn't delete all traces. After that you can re-apply for the old one (or whatever else you fancy). Make sure you enter a real name (Firstname space Lastname) in the "Your Name" field, in your case probably "Steve Wellman" and you should be good to go again. Once back on, make sure you logon at least once per year, and probably more frequently as it's not inconceivable that we will bring the delete-for-inactivity delay down to six months at some stage.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe