TSO logon problem

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

TSO logon problem

Postby malser » Sat 24 Oct 2015, 18:38

23 October 2015 - I successfully logged on and was working in TSO/ISPF yesterday (just doing some VSAM JCL) and after about an hour a System Abend 222 appeared which meant my session was cancelled as I was timed out for some reason. Since then, all I get when I try to log back on is 'Userid MALSER not authorized to use TSO'! Why? Can this be fixed quickly please? Thanks.
malser

Re: TSO logon problem

Postby steve-myers » Sat 24 Oct 2015, 23:31

• It appears the admins think you are using the system for training - an activity that is expressly prohibited. Your training establishment should be providing you with a z/OS system, not dumping you on Fandezhi. Notice the last sentence in the first screen you see after you logon, something I'm convinced no one reads.
    Code: Select all
    *  Welcome to Fan Dezhi Mainframe Demonstration System.         *
    *  Support Forum: http://zos.efglobe.com                        *
    *  Please support us by donation:                               *
    *    http://zos.efglobe.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=466             *
    *  Disconnect your TSO session via internet:                    *
    *    http://efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser?F=DISCONNECT *
    *  You may use following commands in ISPF command line:         *
    *   Command  Description        Command  Description            *
    *   ======== ===============    ======== =====================  *
    *   SDSF,SD  Start SDSF,        IPLINFO  List IPL information   *
    *   IPCS,IP  Start IPCS         WHOHAS   Find who uses dataset  *
    *   OMVS,OM  Start OMVS         FINDMOD  Find a load module     *
    *   DDLIST   List allocated DD  HOLD     Start stacked session  *
    *   ======== ===============    ======== =====================  *
    *  Enjoy using following newly opened TCP/IP services:          *
    *  Outbound FTP: 21, DB2: 5023, MQ: 1415, OMVS TELNET: 1023     *
    *  Please note that use of this system for corporate training   *
    *  purposes is not allowed under any circumstances!             *
  • The admins believe the programmer name you supplied is a false name, though that is not the reason the userid was banned. The admins monitor userids with a false name more carefully than userids with a programmer name that is a real names
steve-myers

Postby prino » Sun 25 Oct 2015, 08:02

steve-myers wrote:
  • The admins believe the programmer name you supplied is a false name, though that is not the reason the userid was banned. The admins monitor userids with a false name more carefully than userids with a programmer name that is a real names

And Malky Kay is with a five-nines certainty a fake name...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby nclouston » Sun 25 Oct 2015, 08:25

except that Malky is short for Malcolm - a good Scottish name! - and Kay is a known surname viz Peter Kay a UK comedic actor.
nclouston

Postby prino » Sun 25 Oct 2015, 19:06

nclouston wrote:

except that Malky is short for Malcolm - a good Scottish name! - and Kay is a known surname viz Peter Kay a UK comedic actor.

Some further investigation makes this (somewhat) plausible, as this person seems to logon from within the UK. However, Googling for "Malky Kay" doesn't bring up any plausible hits relating to z/OS. The first hit is (obviously) $uckerberg's Ce$$pit, but the Malky Kay on that abomination is a young lady who may be interested in z/OS, but somehow I don't thing she is...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 03:29

I sometimes tell people I must be the only person in the entire world (other than people that either cannot or do not use the Internet) not to have an ID in $uckerberg's Ce$$pit, though obviously, I suppose, Robert is another. What little I have to say I can say here or IBM mainframe related sites rather than in the ce$$pit.
steve-myers

Postby malser » Mon 26 Oct 2015, 17:25

This is just so exciting! I haven't ever been discussed on the Internet before, although I had one or two little things in 'Computer Weekly'. For your information, my first name is Malcolm and my surname is KAYSER and I live in the UK. Hence my 'nom de plume' of Malky Kay! I didn't think I needed to openly expose my REAL name! I have a website so you can Google me.

I have been using IBM/Amdahl mainframes since the mid-70's (when working for a supermarket chain) and am currently a freelance IT Trainer who teaches TSO/ISPF, PDF, JCL, REXX, Cobol, VSAM and so on. I was NOT/will NOT do[ing] any corporate training on your mainframe - it was just so nice to be able to access one (I've been registered since last year).

AS I DON'T HAVE MY OWN MAINFRAME OR ACCESS TO ONE I did some REXX stuff a few months ago (PDS since deleted by you!) and all I was trying to do this time was test some VSAM JCL, especially testing and fiddling about with LASTCC and MAXCC and then I was going to create some alternative indexes. I didn't read ALL your rules and regulations (there are so many!) properly and so omitted the normally OPTIONAL parameter 'Programmer Name Field'. I apologise for this omission, but if you un-revoke my userid, I promise to put 'Malcolm Kayser' in the Programmer name field. Many thanks.
malser

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe