TSO login page

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

TSO login page

Postby Johnhos » Tue 02 Feb 2016, 09:50

Hi,
I have just joined and received my TSO ID, but I can't find how to logon to TSO.
Johnhos

Re: TSO login page

Postby prino » Tue 02 Feb 2016, 10:35

Point your terminal emulator to fandezhi.efglobe.com, port 23 and you should be OK.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Tue 02 Feb 2016, 15:08

As Prino says, you must
  • Obtain a 3270 emulator program. See the topic Where can I download free TN3270 emulator? in the Mainframe FAQ section of this forum. There are far better 3270 emulator programs readily available, which you can easily locate using your preferred search facility. Most of them will run for several days before you must actually pay for them.
  • Install the 3270 emulator program on your workstation.
  • Configure the 3270 emulator program as instructed in the material you received when you obtained your userid.
  • Start the 3270 emulator program.
Once you start your correctly configured 3270 emulator program, your first logon should be very easy. The password you received when you applied for your userid can only be used once. As part of this logon, you must select a new password of your choosing, which you must remember.
steve-myers

Postby sbrent » Wed 03 Feb 2016, 21:58

Welcome to the forum and the Fandezhi system - it's a very old version of z/OS - doesn't even support mixed case passwords I believe, but still very useful for keeping your knowledge reasonably current. BTW don't try to run SETROPTS to find out what the system's security parameters are - you'll get a RACF privilege violation and be dumped from the system before you've even started :-)
sbrent

Postby prino » Wed 03 Feb 2016, 22:05

Hi sbrent,

Long time no see... and what's your real (first) name?

What do you know about RACF securing CICS transactions? Reply in a PM please!

Robert
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe