Unable to generate TSO Id

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Unable to generate TSO Id

Postby bontsrik4u » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 08:34

Can someone help me to generate new TSO Id as the link http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainfram ... er?F=APPLY which is supposed to generate new TSO Id is hyperlinked to the URL viewtopic.php?f=5&t=893 which gives information on Rules for using Z/OS page .At the end of rules Web URL page, when I am trying to use the link "apply for a TSO userid " it is again taking me back to the first URL http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainfram ... er?F=APPLY . I am stuck in a kind of deadlock :shock:.
bontsrik4u

Re: Unable to generate TSO Id

Postby prino » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 09:47

Works for me, without problems. No clue, but you're obviously doing something wrong!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby bontsrik4u » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:02

Prino,
Thanks for the response.
I again verified from my end to ensure the way I am trying to generate TSO id. I tried in numerous times but met the same result. Not sure how come it is creating an issue for me alone but not for others. Is there any other way/Link with the help of which it is possible to generate TSO Id ?
bontsrik4u

Postby nclouston » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:28

Going in via http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser does link to http://zos.efglobe.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=893.
But going in via the link in TS's post http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser?F=APPLY takes me to the application form.
(Using firefox 44.0)
Last edited by nclouston on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
nclouston

Postby steve-myers » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 13:53

Works for me using Internet Exploder and Google Chrome. Can't try M$ Edge since I don't have Windoze spyware installed.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 18:40

Given that three long-time members have no problems creating another userid, the problem is with you, and we cannot help you any further.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby nclouston » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 23:17

Now that link in my post (and TS's) ending in F=APPLY gives a page not found. Something is definitely weird.
nclouston

Postby prino » Fri 05 Feb 2016, 23:29

nclouston wrote:Now that link in my post (and TS's) ending in F=APPLY gives a page not found. Something is definitely weird.

Not weird at all, the phpBB software apparently mangles the link by linking to the abbreviated one, i.e. the one with substitution ...

The link in "The rules" still works OK.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby nclouston » Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:03

OK - the link in the rules works for me, the link (cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser?F=APPLY) in TS's post also goes to the correct place and I have corrected my post so that it also finds the page.
Last edited by nclouston on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
nclouston

Postby steve-myers » Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:55

<Personal opinion on>"The rules" can be difficult for someone whose first language is not English to read and comprehend. The link to the "real" web site to apply for a userid is somewhat obscure in "the rules;" so perhaps the topic starter can be forgiven. The language in the z/OS system used in the Fandezhi system is English, so perhaps people with a limited understanding of English should stay away. I'm convinced few prospective users even bother to read "the rules," even people that should be able to read it with ease.<personal opinion off>
steve-myers

Postby prino » Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:16

steve-myers wrote:<Personal opinion on>"The rules" can be difficult for someone whose first language is not English to read and comprehend.

That is true, but there's always Google Translate. It's far from perfect, but on the languages I tried (Dutch,German,French, Swedish ans Portuguese) it does a pretty commendable job (I do speak the first three and can sort of understand written text in the other two)

steve-myers wrote:The link to the "real" web site to apply for a userid is somewhat obscure in "the rules;" so perhaps the topic starter can be forgiven. The language in the z/OS system used in the Fandezhi system is English, so perhaps people with a limited understanding of English should stay away.

Given that most of our new users seem to come from India, English should not be a significant problem. I do very much agree with your sentiment that people who don't properly understand English should not be on FanDeZhi, in fact they should probably not even IT as English is the lingua Franca of IT!

steve-myers wrote: I'm convinced few prospective users even bother to read "the rules," even people that should be able to read it with ease.<personal opinion off>

And that's why, with few exceptions, most users don't last very long.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby steve-myers » Sun 07 Feb 2016, 00:12

I've noticed quite a few new users seem to be from Brazil - possibly more than India, though I haven't been keeping track.
steve-myers

Postby bontsrik4u » Mon 08 Feb 2016, 19:19

One final try to make every one understand the issue that I am facing.The link http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainfram ... er?F=APPLY undoubtedly is taking control to the screen where one can opt to apply for new TSO id.But once the link "Apply New TSO Userid" is clicked,it takes the control to the link "http://zos.efglobe.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=893" which in fact specifies "Rules for using z/OS - updated 2016-01-14" .Again if we choose to click "apply for a TSO userid" link present at the end of rules page,I am ending up with the Apply screen (first link).

OK, you've read the rules, now think for a moment if you can abide by them...

If yes, you can apply for a TSO userid, but if there is only the tiniest bit of doubt, we would suggest that you don't, because you'll be kicked off the system in no time. Our statistics show that this happens with about 95% of all new users!
bontsrik4u

Postby prino » Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:58

I tried again (CLOGGIE as userid), my name (TRY AGAIN PRINO) and my email address, clicked on Submit, clicked on Continue, got the email, clicked on the verify link, and that did it.

Enough.

If it doesn't work for you, go to a reputable training institute, pay for being trained on z/OS and be done with it - I would not have expected your presence to last longer than a few days anyway
Robert AH Prins
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe