Regarding Load Module

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Regarding Load Module

Postby madhan_vm » Fri 28 Aug 2009, 06:22

Hi,

I have compiled COBOL program using foreground compiler option in x3270 emulator . I cannot able to find the Load Module of the compiled version.

COBOL program source is in following PDS
PDS - VMMK.JCL.EXAM1(PGMCOB2)

//JOBCARD JOB ............
//STEP1 PGM=PGMCOB2
//STEPLIB DSN =XXXXXX, DISP =SHR

Help me to find DataSetName ie nothing but Load Module of the compiled version...
madhan_vm

Re: Regarding Load Module

Postby prino » Fri 28 Aug 2009, 06:41

Did you actually LINK the OBJECT module that resulted from the compile? Looking at your 'VMMK.*' datasets, you don't even have a LOAD library...

Also, rather than using the FOREGROUND compile, it is better to use one of the procedures to do so, a list can be found in the FAQ.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: Regarding Load Module

Postby CPANTX » Sun 30 Aug 2009, 17:37

If you specify a PDS (ISPF library) as the input source to foreground assembler or compler, the output is stored in a PDS of the same name as the first library in the concatenation sequence but of type OBJ. So, if your library name is VMMK.JCL.EXAM1 and if you have compiled your program successfully, then your output should be in the PDS of the same name where EXAM1 is replaced by OBJ,i.e., VMMK.JCL.OBJ. Then, you will link your object code.

See if it helps...
CPANTX
CPANTX

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe