Time Response very poor

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Time Response very poor

Postby linfu » Fri 20 Nov 2009, 11:23

Hi Administrator,

Sometimes the system have a poor response time and today to compile a simple program I must white quite time. I see that two batch jobs have a big CPU-TIME without I/O. To resolve loops problem may you:

1) Change the WLM parametrization
2) Change the default values for cpu-time for more reasonable values
3) Control via an user exit if jobs have a valid TIME values. (When I tested something that I'not sure I submitted with TIME=(0,nn) where nn are a reasonable value

Kind Regards.

Li
linfu

Re: Time Response very poor

Postby prino » Sat 21 Nov 2009, 17:45

linfu wrote:Sometimes the system have a poor response time and today to compile a simple program I must white quite time. I see that two batch jobs have a big CPU-TIME without I/O. To resolve loops problem may you:

1) Change the WLM parametrization
2) Change the default values for cpu-time for more reasonable values
3) Control via an user exit if jobs have a valid TIME values. (When I tested something that I'not sure I submitted with TIME=(0,nn) where nn are a reasonable value

I would suggest that you actually cancel such jobs yourself, but only if the submitter is no longer logged on. I usually look at the source of the program, and if a quick look determines that it is a looping program, I mercilessly cancel it. I also tend to cancel jobs that have used more than 90 minutes of CPU time.

If the owner of the job is still logged on, use the TSO "SEND" command to send them a message. and repeat that at least twice. If they do not reply, feel free to cancel the job.

Robert
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Re: Time Response very poor

Postby linfu » Wed 09 Dec 2009, 21:32

Hi,

I was tryied to cancel two jobs with excesive "cpu consumption" and with a lot of "elapsed time" but unfortunatly my user haven't the RACF privileges to ussue "cancel commands" to other jobs differents than mine. May you give me that privileges ? I used carefully and when this is necesary.

Thanks in advance.

Li
linfu

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe