Logon hangs

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Logon hangs

Postby jkzup » Tue 18 May 2010, 16:59

Logon is hung with "logon proceeding". My userid is ZUMZUP. Evidently the system is overloaded.

Is it possible to upgrade the red/green icon atop this support site to include a "yellow" state that warns the system is overloaded or exceptionally slow? I could check this site before logging on and abstain from logging on if I had this advance warning.

Thanks,

JK Zup
jkzup

Re: Logon hangs

Postby prino » Tue 18 May 2010, 17:23

jkzup wrote:Logon is hung with "logon proceeding". My userid is ZUMZUP. Evidently the system is overloaded.

Is it possible to upgrade the red/green icon atop this support site to include a "yellow" state that warns the system is overloaded or exceptionally slow? I could check this site before logging on and abstain from logging on if I had this advance warning.

Don't tell me, I tried to log on at 7:35 local line, lost my connection about 90 minutes later due to the fact that my ISP gave me a new dynamic IP address and have, in vain, been trying to cancel my session - still "logged on", it's now 19:15. Send a private message to sysprog, emailed him, but, as yet, all in vain. Yesterday caught some malformed JCL that screwed up the JES2 convertor queue, with a dozen people trying to log on. Have a feeling that the same has happened.

As for the icon, it's not reliable and occasionally turns red when the system is running just fine.

We can only wait until sysprog has a look at what's wrong, no clue how long that may take.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Robert
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe