'userid.ADCD.*'

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

'userid.ADCD.*'

Postby kwcaldw » Thu 16 Sep 2010, 23:43

What are the datasets 'userid.ADCD.*' used for?
Also, I notcied the ddnames 'ISPCLT1', 'ISPCLT2', 'ISPLST1' & 'ISPLST2' allocated to my session with these dataset names.
'ISPPROF' is allocated to one of these datasets instead of 'userid.ISPF.ISPPROF'.
Thanks.
kwcaldw

Re: 'userid.ADCD.*'

Postby steve-myers » Wed 22 Sep 2010, 02:56

ADCD is the "system name." This is a value defined during IPL processing and stored in the CVT. Fandezhi is the only system I've ever encountered where the "system name" is different than the SMF "system ID." I believe the ISPPROF data set is created the first time you logon.
steve-myers

Postby kwcaldw » Mon 15 Nov 2010, 18:08

I'm not interested in what the acronym represents. I want to know the purpose of the datasets and the significance of the TSO allocations.
kwcaldw

Postby prino » Mon 15 Nov 2010, 21:36

kwcaldw wrote:I'm not interested in what the acronym represents. I want to know the purpose of the datasets and the significance of the TSO allocations.

Then I suggest you get an ISPF manual and look for the DDNAMEs that these datasets are allocated to after you log on.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby kwcaldw » Mon 06 Dec 2010, 17:52

The ddnames are not standard ISPF and therefore are not documented in the IBM manuals. They are not ALTLIB'd (TSO) or LIBDEF'd (ISPF), so I was wondering what's it all about?
kwcaldw

Postby steve-myers » Mon 06 Dec 2010, 19:11

kwcaldw wrote:The ddnames are not standard ISPF and therefore are not documented in the IBM manuals. They are not ALTLIB'd (TSO) or LIBDEF'd (ISPF), so I was wondering what's it all about?
Obviously you did not look very hard. See the manual.
steve-myers

Postby kwcaldw » Mon 06 Dec 2010, 20:59

I have all the z/OS TSO and ISPF manuals on IBM's Bookmanager. I searched 9 of them for 'ISPCLT1' with no results.
Obviously, you don't know me very well. If you seem to think they are there maybe you could just tell me where you found it instead of questioning my diligence - sheeeesh!
kwcaldw

Postby steve-myers » Tue 07 Dec 2010, 00:28

kwcaldw wrote:I have all the z/OS TSO and ISPF manuals on IBM's Bookmanager. I searched 9 of them for 'ISPCLT1' with no results.
Obviously, you don't know me very well. If you seem to think they are there maybe you could just tell me where you found it instead of questioning my diligence - sheeeesh!
Obviously you did not notice the manual link in my previous post!
steve-myers

Postby kwcaldw » Tue 07 Dec 2010, 01:45

Yes, I did. The reference is to ISPF customization parameters - not ddnames. Also, the parameters are prefixed ISPCT (that's a T after the C) not ISPCL (that's an L after the C). Let's start over with my original post!
kwcaldw

Postby steve-myers » Tue 07 Dec 2010, 03:02

Agreed. You should have read over the entire section, not just rejected it because it didn't seem to satisfy your instant need.

I started out by doing a bookshelf search for ispclt*. That came up empty. I than tried isplst*. That returned 10 hits! I selected the first hit, "z/OS V1R6.0 ISPF Planning and Customizing." I selected "ISPF Site-Wide Profile Customizations, 2.1.5.10," in that manual which resulted in the link in my post, and which would have answered your question if you had read it. Other hits, like "Data Set Allocation Settings, 2.1.5.2" would also have answered your question.

I have been using this stuff since about 1993 when I started installing manuals from CDs onto the mainframe and using the MVS/ISPF BookManager Reader. Later I started using the OS/2 version of BookManager server as well as the DOS, Windoze, and OS/2 versions of BookManger Reader. More recently I've been using the public internet links to BookManager Server, originally hosted by the OS/2 BookManager Server, which seemed to get bogged down as more people started using it. I think (but I'm not certain) that the public manuals now are served by the z/OS version of BookManager Server.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe