APF and LNKLST Library

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

APF and LNKLST Library

Postby nacsncc » Tue 09 Nov 2010, 17:41

How can i add my own load libraries to APF and/or LNKLST and refresh them dynamic.
nacsncc

Re: APF and LNKLST Library

Postby prino » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 18:54

nacsncc wrote:How can i add my own load libraries to APF and/or LNKLST and refresh them dynamic.

Simple one-word answer: NOT!
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 01:58

Not gonna happen. LNKLST because it's not necessary. APF because it represents an integrity exposure to the system. You want to do this get a copy of Hercules and install it on your own machine, and get a copy of z/OS and configure it and install it on your own machine, which is much more difficult.
steve-myers

Postby nacsncc » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 13:22

I have Hercules on my local computer, but there is not TCP/IP, no Netview and no ISPF with SDSF (only RPF that has no all function of ISPF). I found on Google search the Dezhi System and it is a very good system with all Subsystem and functions that i miss under local Hercules. I work with the system to hold my knowledge up to date, until four years ago i'm working on real z/OS. In addition i will try software for z/OS for my next job. i understood that not all users can
use system functions, my idea is that the sysprogs create a load library "USER.LOADLIB" that is APF authorized and with enough space, so that normal users can copy many modules to this library.
nacsncc

Postby steve-myers » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 13:56

nacsncc wrote:... my idea is that the sysprogs create a load library "USER.LOADLIB" that is APF authorized and with enough space, so that normal users can copy many modules to this library.
Not in the real world. I used to work for a software developer. They had a local modification so that unblessed users could APF bless their environment for the duration of the job step, but this modification was not applied to their "production" systems. We did have a user modifiable PROCLIB, but that had its problems; the directory would fill up because no one deleted outdated members.
steve-myers

Postby nacsncc » Wed 24 Nov 2010, 15:55

Hello Steve Myers, orry i have no time bevor. I think a good practice would be a great user load library, this is APF authorized, and deleted this library and create it all four weeks new, in the four weeks the users can test software. After this time the user a ready with the test or they can load the used modules new from a backup and so the old, not more used modules not to long in the library.
nacsncc

Postby steve-myers » Thu 25 Nov 2010, 00:04

I'm just an ordinary system user. All I can do is relate how a system administrator reacts to these types of requests, which usually is negatively. This system is not intended to be used to develop system products, which appears to be your intended use.

Sorry.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe