CICSA & SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

CICSA & SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD

Postby kwcaldw » Mon 15 Nov 2010, 18:05

CICSA is not up - may it be brought up soon?

The directory of 'SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD' is full. A compress did not help. May it be re-allocated with a larger directory?

Thank-you.
Ken Caldwell
kwcaldw

Re: CICSA & SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD

Postby prino » Mon 15 Nov 2010, 21:53

I don't have the authority to start CICS, but there is space in the directory of 'SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD', I've deleted stuff from our revoked Indian "friends".
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby steve-myers » Tue 16 Nov 2010, 02:23

"Compressing" a PDS does not recover directory blocks. The only way to recover directory blocks is to delete members. Prino must have deleted a lot of members; right now it's at 200 allocated, 175 used directory blocks. My member recovery program found 187 spaces for deleted members.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Tue 16 Nov 2010, 21:57

steve-myers wrote:"Compressing" a PDS does not recover directory blocks. The only way to recover directory blocks is to delete members. Prino must have deleted a lot of members; right now it's at 200 allocated, 175 used directory blocks. My member recovery program found 187 spaces for deleted members.

There's probably a truckload more that can be deleted, but that would require AMBLISTing everything to look at compile/link dates. I don't really have the time to do so, nor the inclination. I just deleted everything that I remembered as the USERIDs of our Indian "friends". If there is an easy way to do an AMBLIST, I'm happy to toss out a lot more. :)
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe