Unable to create new mainframe ID

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Unable to create new mainframe ID

Postby sunil834 » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 00:04

Hi Dezhi Support Team,
I am unable to create new mainframe ID from below link:
http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser
Can you please help me or send me any new/unused mainframe ID with Password to my email sunil24716@gmail.com.
I am a IT Professional and need it for work from home.
Thanks,
Sunil

or if you can send me password of UserID:AjayM
:D
sunil834

Re: Unable to create new mainframe ID

Postby sunil834 » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 00:11

Correction: or if you can send me password of UserID:Sunil1 (which I created few year back but forgot the password)
but there will be no issue if you send me password of AjayM
sunil834

Postby steve-myers » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 02:54

The RACF security product does not retain a password in clear text. No one can retrieve your password, and no security administrator would send you the password even if it is known. A security administrator can assign a new single use password similar to the password you received when you got your userid, but it appears to be the policy here that this is not done, mainly because it is a trivial matter to claim you are a valid user as you have just done when, in fact, you are not. Back in the days when I was a real security admin, I would do a password reset only for people known to me personally, and certainly not for someone on a public blog such as this.

As for using the AJAYM userid: it appears it is being actively used at present; I doubt the present user would take kindly to someone else using it. Most real shops regard userid sharing as you have proposed to be a termination offense. I doubt this is the case at Fandezhi, but I can tell you the security admins are considering killing AJAYM; they just do not have quite enough to justify it. I know for a fact the security admins have deleted a number of userids in the last few weeks for inappropriate use of the system.

If you are, in fact, an "IT professional" (which I personally doubt) and are using the Fandezhi system for work activity, you are misusing the system, and the administrators have every right to delete your ID. In fact, based on your statements here, do not be surprised if your ID disappears!
steve-myers

Postby sunil834 » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 11:42

Hi Steve,
You meant lot of wrong things.
I was unable to create a new mainframe ID and want help on it.I was having SUNIL1 as userID but I forgot Password as I have not used it for long time and I need assistance.
Please provide help and avoid doubts and taking it wrong.
Regards,
Sunil
sunil834

Postby prino » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 15:42

sunil834 wrote:Correction: or if you can send me password of UserID:Sunil1 (which I created few year back but forgot the password)
but there will be no issue if you send me password of AjayM

There is a web-interface to reset your password, why don't you use that one?

Furthermore, I agree with Steve Myers opinion about you, asking for passwords (for multiple userids) in an open forum is something nobody who has ever seriously used z/OS should ever do, and if the administrators decide to revoke and delete "SUNIL1" (which has not been used since 2008), I would consider that a very defensible option, especially as trying to reset, using the above URL, the SUNIL1 password with your email address, results in a "The email address(sunil...@...) and userid(SUNIL1) do not match." message, which implies that SUNIL1 is not your userid, but just one that conveniently matches your name.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby sunil834 » Mon 04 Jun 2012, 20:42

Hi Prino,
While creating ID:Sunil1, I used sunil834u@gmail.com.Please verify in your system.Why everybody doubting over me.
Thanks,
Sunil
sunil834

Postby steve-myers » Tue 05 Jun 2012, 04:19

People are doubting you because the wording of your posts looks like what is called "social engineering" to weasel your way into something you're not supposed to use. "Social engineering" is a major problem. Still, the wording of your posts clearly indicates you intend to use Fandezhi in a fraudulent manner; for this reason alone no one should have helped you.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe