Help me in creating MQ

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Help me in creating MQ

Postby wwzhou » Tue 26 Jun 2012, 12:13

Hello:

I want to create Trigger MQ ,and if I put Message in this MQ ,it will start CICS program automatically ,which has Map . what kind of action should I do ? can some expert help me on this. it's better to give me some code here. I am not sure can Trigger MQ can start a TRAN on a term ,like in CICS we can use 'START TRAN(XXXX) TERMID(YYYY)' .
wwzhou

Re: Help me in creating MQ

Postby tsubluh » Tue 26 Jun 2012, 17:55

First you must insure that you have an authorized MQ queue manager and an initiation queue affiliated with the Queue Manager. You further would need to link the CICS MQ trigger mechanism to your initiation queue. Please consult the CICS and MQ documentation for enabling CICS triggering from MQ via transid CKTI
tsubluh

Postby wwzhou » Wed 27 Jun 2012, 14:05

Thank you very much ,now I can Trigger my CICS (no map) TRAN via put message in Local MQ ,which defined with Initial MQ, Process. Now I want to connect IBM websphere MQ explorer installed in my pc to Mainframe MQ . I just want to send a MQ from local to Mainframe ,below is what I create in MF JCL

DEFINE QLOCAL(TGT_QM_WINQ) USAGE(XMITQ) DEFPSIST(YES)
DEFINE CHL (WMQA.TO.WINQ) CHLTYPE(SDR) TRPTYPE(TCP) CONNAME +
('9.78.220.116(1414)') XMITQ(TGT_QM_WINQ) DISCINT(0)

In Local ,I also create a Chanel ,Romote Q,Xmit Q. but in Local the channel status is keeping show 'Retrying' , I am not sure how to fix this ,also I think in define local CHL we should provide Mainframe ID and password , is that true ? how to define that ? thanks a ton
wwzhou

Postby Rakesh kotha » Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:03

Hi Wwzhou,

If you want to connect MQ explorer on PC with Mainframe Queue Manager, your supposed to connect them via a Servcon. You have to find out what is the servcon on MF MQM and use it on PC to connect.

Sender and Receiver channels are to connect two Queue managers not for Exporer and MQM.
Thanks
Rakesh Kotha
CICS & MQ System Programmer
Rakesh kotha

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe