RESPONSE: ABEND APCT on CICS screen

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

RESPONSE: ABEND APCT on CICS screen

Postby jinda12 » Mon 16 Jul 2012, 05:02

Hi,

I have created and assembled a map successfully. The load module has been saved in SYSFAN.CICS.SDFHMAC . The name of load module is MY0083A.

The name of MAPSET is "MY0083A" and the name of MAP is "ADDMAP1". I have followed below process to display this map .

1: CEDA DEFINE MAPSET (I have given Mapset as 'MY0083A' and Group as 'ZINDAG')
2: CEDA INSTALL MAPSET (I have given Mapset as 'MY0083A' and Group as 'ZINDAG')
3: CECI SEND MAP('ADDMAP1') MAPSET('MY0083A')
When I execute this command it "RESPONSE: ABEND APCT" appears on CICS screen. Can I request you to please let me where I am doing wrong.

Thanks a lot,
Ashutosh
jinda12

Re: RESPONSE: ABEND APCT on CICS screen

Postby steve-myers » Mon 16 Jul 2012, 05:31

You are probably doing much more wrong than you know. You do not store load modules in SYSFAN.CICS.SDFHMAC. By trying to do this you have damaged the library so other people and CICS cannot use the dataset until sysprog or another administrator repairs the library. Since I'm not a CICS person, I cannot comment on what else you are doing wrong.
steve-myers

Postby monitor » Mon 16 Jul 2012, 05:47

When you have defined your programs, transactions and mapsets, you should install the GROUP where you defined your objects.
Code: Select all
CEDA I G(mygroupname)

APCT tells you that CICS cant find the program in its loadlibrary or libraries allocated to the DD-name DFHRPL at startup.
Change your compile/linkedit to link to program to SYSFAN.CICS.LOAD, and you will find that it works.
monitor

Postby jinda12 » Mon 16 Jul 2012, 06:01

I apologize for what I have damaged :( . Actually I have treated SYSFAN.CICS.SDFHMAC as the load library for Maps by mistake.

I would take care this in future and would confirm all the credentials wherever I find confusion.

Thanks
jinda12

Postby prino » Tue 17 Jul 2012, 08:09

jinda12 wrote:I apologize for what I have damaged :( . Actually I have treated SYSFAN.CICS.SDFHMAC as the load library for Maps by mistake.

I would take care this in future and would confirm all the credentials wherever I find confusion.

SYSFAN.CICS.SDFHMAC has been restored to FB(80).

Didn't I tell you to start reading CICS manuals for the next few weeks?
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe