Logon Issue

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Logon Issue

Postby sureshp » Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:18

Hi Team,

I am not able to login using my TSO id as it automatically logging off. Please help me out.

I didn't violate any rules and TSO id is SURE87. Your early response is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Suresh.
sureshp

Re: Logon Issue

Postby prino » Sun 29 Jul 2012, 08:31

sureshp wrote:I am not able to login using my TSO id as it automatically logging off. Please help me out.

I didn't violate any rules and TSO id is SURE87. Your early response is much appreciated.

The admins detected that several people are logging on from exactly the same location, which for them means that your employer is dumping you on the system to save themselves the cost of CPU time, or that you are using an unscrupulous training institute who refuse to pay for access to a real (and up-to-date) z/OS system. Neither is allowed.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby sureshp » Sun 29 Jul 2012, 15:42

Hi ,

Thanks for your response. But i am the only one who using this. I am facing the lot of connection issues as my internet connection is very slow (not even 25 kbps sometimes). so my session struck most of the times i have to disconnect and reconnect it again. Please help me out and no body is using except me and please give me a chance to learn.
sureshp

Postby nclouston » Sun 29 Jul 2012, 19:12

Just a note - it may seem contradictory but the sytem is not for learning on except by experienced mainframers. For example - I use it to learn/enhance my COBOL and CICS skills but I have almost 40 years mainframe experience in JCL and PL/1 and Rexx so I know what I am doing on a mainframe and what NOT to do.
nclouston

Postby sureshp » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 00:54

Just a note - it may seem contradictory but the sytem is not for learning on except by experienced mainframers. For example - I use it to learn/enhance my COBOL and CICS skills but I have almost 40 years mainframe experience in JCL and PL/1 and Rexx so I know what I am doing on a mainframe and what NOT to do.

Hi nclouston,

Thanks for your response, I may not be 40 years experienced like you but i do have two years experience and i am not completely new to mainframe. I do want to learn/enhance my skills. Please help out.
sureshp

Postby steve-myers » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 01:03

sureshp wrote:... But i am the only one who using this.
This is a lie, and not even a clever one. When there are two users connected from the same IP address it usually means the two users are connecting from a school or place of business using a gateway router that allows several users to use the internet through a local area network. You may be (and likely are) the only user using SURE87, but don't try to persuade us no other user is using the address.
steve-myers

Postby sureshp » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 01:11

Hi Steve,

I don't understand what you are trying to say.Please let me know what do you meant by two users ?..
Who is the other id...honestly nobody is using this id or ip except me .....
sureshp

Postby steve-myers » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 02:44

sureshp wrote:... Please let me know what do you meant by two users ?..
Two users logged on the machine with two userids. The machine I'm using to type this message has IP address 192.168.1.3 in my local area network in my home. However, Fandezhi does not see this address. It sees 173.72.... well, never mind about the IP address my ISP assigned to my gateway router the last time it connected after a power failure about 10 days ago. When you connect to Fandezhi you see this address on the initial screen followed by another number called a socket. The IP address of the gateway router and socket number are how Fandezhi, the gateway router and the terminal emulator send messages back and forth without them getting crossed up.

I grant 25 kBPS is too slow for a satisfactory world wide web experience, but I recall, back in the early to mid 1990s when dial up speeds got to this level that the relative performance of terminal emulators was quite satisfactory. Real 3270 type terminals were often connected using a 4800 BPS connection in the early 1970s, and perhaps 9600 BPS by the late 1970s or 1980s, but this was a hard wired connection that was more nearly comparable to a 7200 BPS (or 12000 BPS) dialup speed because of the transmission inefficiencies of dialup connections On the other hand, several terminals often shared this 4800 or 9600 BPS connection, and there was frequently serious interference between the terminals.

Now BPS is Bits per second, not bytes per second, so 4800 BPS means 600 bytes per second. In the 1970s, most 3270s had 24 80 byte rows, or a display screen of 1920 bytes, so a full 3270 screen would require 3 1/5 seconds to transmit. Early versions of what is now called ISPF had sophisticated tricks to compress the screen before it was sent, but a full 1920 byte screen often took longer than the 3 1/5 seconds I just mentioned because it was broken up into smaller blocks before it was sent, and there was often interference from other 3270s sharing the line.

There is one situation where the single IP address may reflect a different scenario than Prino and I have been postulating. Several months ago someone posted a web address of a web site that connects to Fandezhi and pretends it is a 3270 terminal emulator. I think, though I do not know this to be a fact, that if several users are using this service it will appear to Fandezhi that all the users will be coming from the same address and can cause the analysis the admins perform to be erroneous.
steve-myers

Postby sureshp » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 03:58

Hi Steve,

my ip address that i see is 128.177.... but i am not sure this is the one you are seeing there... regarding the speed i have attached the screenshot of the speed i am getting[masked my ip address]...

[img]file:///C:/Users/SURESH/Desktop/Untitled.jpg
[/img]

download speed : 0.35 Mbps
upload speed : 0.16 Mbps

I specified clearly that my connection is not even 25kbps sometimes and session drops off.
I don't know how to justify more than this.
sureshp

Postby steve-myers » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 04:49

sureshp wrote:Hi Steve,

my ip address that i see is 128.177.... but i am not sure this is the one you are seeing there... regarding the speed i have attached the screenshot of the speed i am getting[masked my ip address]...

[img]file:///C:/Users/SURESH/Desktop/Untitled.jpg
[/img]

download speed : 0.35 Mbps
upload speed : 0.16 Mbps

I specified clearly that my connection is not even 25kbps sometimes and session drops off.
I don't know how to justify more than this.
0.35 MBPS is 350,000 bits per second, not 35,000 bits per second. Per many US ISPs, especially ones that use DSL, that qualifies as "broadband," though many disagree. I recall roughly 6 months after I started using broadband I was seeing very slow speeds, but the ISP strung a new cable from the pole to the house to the splitter for the cable that went to the cable modem and the cable that went to the TV, and the performance problems went away. A couple of years ago I changed ISPs because the wife wanted cable TV programming the first ISP did not offer. I think the internet is a little faster, but I think the speed to this machine is constrained by my LAN, not the ISP, so I can't do an honest measurement.

In any event, the performance you claim is of no interest to the Fandezhi admins; it is a matter between you and your ISP. You still have not told us why we are seeing 3 IDs using the same IP address, presumably at the same time.

If I read the notes the admin left behind correctly, the address was 128.177.28.27. I'll be honest: it seems to me there is something wrong about the address, but your report and the admin's notes seem to agree so I and the admins have to take it at face value.
steve-myers

Postby sureshp » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 07:06

Hi Steve,

Honestly i am not sure what is going on here.... i am using only one id ( this is a laptop), this may be because i opened the page using two browsers one time( but worked using only one and closed the other one)....i told the truth and i didn't do anything wrong that violates Dezhi's policies. it is your call .Thanks for your patience and time. I really appreciate the opportunity that you have given me over the last one month and thanks again.
sureshp

Postby prino » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 09:16

steve-myers wrote:
sureshp wrote:my ip address that i see is 128.177.... but i am not sure this is the one you are seeing there... regarding the speed i have attached the screenshot of the speed i am getting[masked my ip address]

If I read the notes the admin left behind correctly, the address was 128.177.28.27. I'll be honest: it seems to me there is something wrong about the address, but your report and the admin's notes seem to agree so I and the admins have to take it at face value.

Utrace resolves the address to
Code: Select all
IP Address:   128.177.28.27
ISP:          Abovenet Communications
Organization: OpenHosting
Region:       Vienna (US)

Which is very strange for someone who seems to reside in India...

Are you using a real 3270 emulator, or the Open-BPM emulator?
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby sureshp » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 17:17

Hi ,

I am connecting using InternetExplorer(OPen BPM) and my ISP is Reliance Netconnect... not the mentioned one.

The ip address that i mentioned about is the ip address which i see in OPEN BPM. and my machine ip is something like
115.... Guess i didn't mix up anything.
sureshp

Postby prino » Mon 30 Jul 2012, 18:14

sureshp wrote:I am connecting using InternetExplorer(OPen BPM) and my ISP is Reliance Netconnect... not the mentioned one.

The ip address that i mentioned about is the ip address which i see in OPEN BPM. and my machine ip is something like
115.... Guess i didn't mix up anything.

OK, in that case you will be unblocked (in a few hours, no access from where I am now), but I would very strongly suggest that you start using a real 3270 client. Tom Brennan's Vista tn3270 is probably (one of) the best, but costs USD 30, x3270 is free but a bit harder to use.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby sureshp » Tue 31 Jul 2012, 03:16

Hi Prino,

Thank you so much for your understanding and unblocking me.. I really appreciate that... I will start using the emulator soon....

Thanks again..
sureshp

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe