Logon problem revisited

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Logon problem revisited

Postby markon » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 17:00

Hi Support,

I have been working on the 25th Aug. some times without any problems in TSO (Simple jobs, some DB2 issues). The I've been abruptly "hanged on", and my screen was blocked (hourglass below). I cancelled the application, and since that I am not able to logon any more!
==> logon with (or without) "S" = reconnect
==> userid, password as allways
Reply from TSO:
"TESTE BLACKS" (what does it mean anyway???)
"U818729 LOGGED OFF..."

And here my questions:
- is my user U818729 inactivated?
- when YES, why then and how can it be reactivated?
- or is the problem automatically cleaned by the next IPL?

Thanks & best regards,
Gabor
markon

Re: Logon problem revisited

Postby steve-myers » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 17:27

• is my user U818729 inactivated?
    Yes.
  • when YES, why then and how can it be reactivated?
    The admin left this note - "Idiot trying to run .EXE files on z/OS" How this was detected I cannot guess, but, in general, it cannot be done. Intel processors and Intel compatible processors use an entirely different instruction set and a different character set than IBM mainframe and IBM compatible mainframes. In addition, executable mainframe binary programs exist as members of a PDS. While it is possible to copy these members to sequential datasets, it is not possible to "execute" the sequential dataset. It is also not possible to copy the sequential dataset to a PDS and expect to execute the program.

The admins may reactivate the ID if you can explain what you are trying to do, and the admins accept the explanation.
  • or is the problem automatically cleaned by the next IPL?
    No. The last time the system was IPLed was May 5. To the best of my knowledge there is no plan to IPL the system in the forseeable future.
steve-myers

Postby markon » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 18:02

"Idiot trying to run .EXE files on z/OS"
The language qualifies the people...
As I have told, I've tried to install the WSA, just as IBM writes in the manual.
I made it already 50 times on other systems, I have 30++ years MVS experience. And believe me, I know what the difference between MVS and Windows means.
The problem was -as far as I understood- I am working with HOD from my PC. So, I forget now WSA, sorry.
I appreciate the kind (and possibly voluntary) help of sysprog(s) A LOT, but we users can still expect HELP from the support site instead of OFFENSE. Correct me if not so.
And now as I have regretted my sin, can my user be activated again? I promise I won't run sequential files, Win execs, or any other junk on DEZHI again ;)

Thanks again,
Gabor
markon

Postby steve-myers » Mon 27 Aug 2012, 01:23

WSA on a home PC requires additional work not normally required in the corporate environment. There has been discussion about this in this forum, but you will have to look for it. I installed WSA on a work PC many years ago and did not like the result. I very much doubt the instructions included executing .EXE data, though, for all I remember after 15 or 20 years they may have had you creating .EXE datasets and sending them to the PC.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe