Cant log on to tso

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Cant log on to tso

Postby ehrocha » Thu 11 Oct 2012, 17:42

Getting a

IKJ56420I Userid EHROCHA not authorized to use TSO

Does anyone know of any issues ?

Thanks
ehrocha

Re: Cant log on to tso

Postby steve-myers » Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:08

Somerone using EHROCHA attempted to update USER.LINKLIB. The admins regard this data set as a system data set, and it is prohibited for users to update the data set.

The Fandezhi system is based on an ADCD system, which IBM distributes as beta systems for new z/OS releases. These systems are sent to z/OS ISVs and some large z/OS users. I believe USER.LINKLIB is intended as a repository for APF authorized code. Since the effective owners of Fandezhi do not want its users attempting to develop authorized code, USER.LINKLIB is blocked.
steve-myers

Re: Cant log on to tso

Postby ehrocha » Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:21

I'm an old user of the system, I was not aware of the restriction , and Yes, I'm working on a program to issue MVS system commands from a batch job just for testing. I have no intention of harming the system.
I didn't do it in the old days when there were no RACF controls in place and I have no reason to do it now.
At the contrary, I sent several messages to the admin through TSO alerting of possible RACF dataset breach.
Can the user be resumed ?

Thanks
ehrocha

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe