BUG in RACF???

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

BUG in RACF???

Postby mm160t » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 17:25

Hi,

As this RACF is getting more and more strict i was not daring to login, coz i don't want to loose my ID. Sometimes we perform some activities which is unintentional to harm the system but RACF is not a human being and it revokes our ID.

But after a long time when i logged in yesterday i did nothing and just checked if my dataset still exist or not. also i tried to copy my own data set's member to another dataset keeping my ID as second node.i got failure message but not any RACF violation after some time it was disconnected. But when again i tried to login my id it's automatically logging off.by reading other post i know some violation have occurred from my id but i am just crazy to know what is that violation.I am not pretty sure how RACF are set to protect system but i think out of this two activities i have mentioned, i have not done any thing.

Then one question came into my mind can there be any BUG IN RACF?But i am pretty confident that RACF,ACF2 are strong agents.

My ID IS S561
regards
S561
mm160t

Re: BUG in RACF???

Postby prino » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 17:53

RACF does not have any bugs.

The reason that you were deleted from the system is contained in the messages that you get when you log on to FanDeZhi, in casu:
Code: Select all
*  Please note that use of this system for corporate training   *
*  purposes is not allowed under any circumstances!             *
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby mm160t » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 19:53

Thanks Prino For Answersing my doubts. deleting My Id is OK.At least I am Happy that this time i am not wrong at all and your settings have some thing wrong.
1st thing i am the person using this fandezhi since long time and e i was never interested to share about this site with others like bulk of people or institutes or violating fandezhi policy in such a ridiculous way.even when this system gets overloaded i get hurt.Seriously there is something wrong with the setting.One thing i can say from technology perspective the ID creation from a single ip or mail id might be assumed by the system or same login credential is used in multiple location.But that does not mean it's used for training purpose and i don't know if there are other scenarios when system might treat you as culprit of using ids for training purpose.

1) I agree another ID is created when This id did not work, logged off automatically.this is the same as when my previous id deleted then i created this id

2) Also i Agree this connection for the same id was established (Even that is long back) from my office when there was open-bpm.org site was working then you can imagine how many days back.i think you people are enough smart to check the log for at least last two -three connections.

i don't think my id will have deleted it might locked or needs system admins actions to work again.If not can i apply for one more?

If still i am culprit for any other reason then please let me know because after your comments if you will not reply then i will be thinking still i am right on the point that RACF setting is wrong or RACF Having BUG which wrongly deletes or revokes user id. :lol:
mm160t

Postby steve-myers » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 20:11

Code: Select all
ICH408I USER(S561    ) GROUP(USERG02 ) NAME(MILAN KUMAR         )
  TEST.S561.IMS CL(DATASET ) VOL(*BLANK)
  DEFINE - INSUFFICIENT AUTHORITY

TEST is not equal to S561. There is no issue with RACF or the RACF profiles. Both are working as specified or as the admins intended.
steve-myers

Postby mm160t » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 20:36

Hi Steve,
your answer is completely satisfying and that is i exactly what i was expecting in the reply on first post , Prino you are wrong and your assumption is also wrong.
that i am using fandezhi for training purpose :( . i have clearly accepted what i had done on my first post i had mentioned

"also i tried to copy my own data set's member to another dataset keeping my ID as second node.i got failure message but not any RACF violation after some time it was disconnected."

also i had mentioned RACF is not a human.just i was interested to know what wrong i did.as i was loggin in after a long time i was not aware some new RACF rules are in effect.Also i am agree with steve "There is no issue with RACF or the RACF profiles. Both are working as specified or as the admins intended."

However thanks a lot Steve and Prino for clearing my doubts and giving your precious times on replying.I am some how happy that system is much more protected compare to past.
mm160t

Postby steve-myers » Sat 01 Dec 2012, 04:43

mm160t wrote:... as i was loggin in after a long time i was not aware some new RACF rules are in effect.Also i am agree with steve "There is no issue with RACF or the RACF profiles. Both are working as specified or as the admins intended." ...
To the best of my knowledge your attempt would not ever have worked: you would have attempted to update the master catalog and that would fail. Since there appear to be many attempts to allocate TEST.xxx data sets, in August the admins established a proper alias and RACF profiles, and also allocated TEST.WARNING. Technically, TEST.xxx data sets are effectively system data sets since there is no TEST user, but the only TEST.xxx data set is TEST.WARNING. The contents of TEST.WARNING are -

The use of datasets with the TEST high level qualifier is prohibited.

The Fandezhi system administrators will take action against any users
that attempt to allocate datasets with the TEST high level qualifier.
This action may include disabling the ability to use the userid and
it may include deleting the userid and any datasets that are allocated
in the userid.
steve-myers

Making "TEST" datasets

Postby jkzup » Tue 04 Dec 2012, 18:19

To those who want to create "TEST" datasets, a good idea is to use your own userid as your dataset's HLQ and then use "TEST" as second qualifier; that will let you avoid the RACF issues. It's a simple idea, but in interests of encouraging a more upbeat climate and discourse here I thought I'd share it.

Thank you

JK Zup
jkzup

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe