What MVS , JES2 Commands are allowed in SDSF and REXX

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

What MVS , JES2 Commands are allowed in SDSF and REXX

Postby PRSM123 » Sun 09 Dec 2012, 05:23

What MVS , JES2 coomands can i execute in SDSF and REXX programs ( are all DISPLAY commands Allowed or Limited to only Few and Any other ) , What all commands are consistant with the Rules of Usage ?
PRSM123

Re: What MVS , JES2 Commands are allowed in SDSF and REXX

Postby steve-myers » Sun 09 Dec 2012, 07:46

I do not know of any display commands that are blocked. For all intents and purposes, all other commands are blocked and generally anyone that attempts to use them will find their userids will be blocked by the admins. As I write this, 6 of the 13 users that are explicitly blocked, are blocked because they attempted to execute a prohibited command. A few hints:
  • If you want to cancel one of your batch jobs while it is executing, do it from SDSF as a line command on the line showing your job. A regular MVS cancel command will be blocked, even if it is for your job or userid. Saturday RAUAI attempted to cancel UXUYUE 34 times from an SDSF job display, and twice as a regular MVS CANCEL command. The admins often ignore a single failure: it could just be a finger slip, but 36 attempts will not be overlooked. Stunts like RAUAI's often result in both IDs being blocked; the admins have the attitude the IDs are connected in some fashion. I do not know why the admins did not block UXUYUE.
  • Do not try to do anything for any other user's job.
  • Do not try to release jobs.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe