Socket Program and C/C++

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Socket Program and C/C++

Postby adrian » Tue 30 Jun 2009, 16:13

Hello

I have just logged onto your facility - thank you! :D

I was planning to do some socket programming (looking to see if GSOAP can be ported to z/OS or not). So two questions.

Is C/C++ installed? None of the panels work ....

Reading a post about Netview I get the impression that it is not possible connect to a port (other than the ones you have opened) on the host from the outside world. Is this true? Have you any suggestion/ideas on working round this?

Thanks

Adrian
adrian

Re: Socket Program and C/C++

Postby sfan » Tue 30 Jun 2009, 17:22

Connecting to Netview is possible. I'm discussing with sysprog for the solution.
sfan

Postby adrian » Wed 01 Jul 2009, 09:02

Thanks for the info.

What I would ideally like to do is be able to setup a socket program listening to, say, port 10000 and access the port from my PC. I can imagine lots for firewall issues - but perhaps a proxy might be available?

Adrian
adrian

Postby sysprog » Thu 02 Jul 2009, 18:55

adrian wrote:Hello

I have just logged onto your facility - thank you! :D

I was planning to do some socket programming (looking to see if GSOAP can be ported to z/OS or not). So two questions.

Is C/C++ installed? None of the panels work ....

Reading a post about Netview I get the impression that it is not possible connect to a port (other than the ones you have opened) on the host from the outside world. Is this true? Have you any suggestion/ideas on working round this?

Thanks

Adrian

C/C++
You can use the batch which is available in this system:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... 0610181920
Regards,
sysprog
sysprog

Postby sysprog » Thu 02 Jul 2009, 18:58

adrian wrote:Thanks for the info.

What I would ideally like to do is be able to setup a socket program listening to, say, port 10000 and access the port from my PC. I can imagine lots for firewall issues - but perhaps a proxy might be available?

Adrian

It is poissible for occasion usage and our firewall TCP port resources are still available.

You should test it inside z/OS (such as design your own server/client program in the same z/OS system), and let us know the TCP port you want to open.
Regards,
sysprog
sysprog

Postby adrian » Fri 03 Jul 2009, 13:29

Thank you sysprog.

I will get an initial very simple example working - and request the port opened for testing. Then I will look at the GSOAP port proper.

Adrian
adrian

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe